Newsletter – October 19th
Annual Club Meeting Next Monday, October 22nd
Please join us for our annual meeting and celebration of the upcoming ski season. The event starts at 3:30 with a special introduction to roller skiing, then moves indoors for social hour (1st beer or wine is on us) followed by free dinner and finally a short meeting.
- Commodores Inn, just south of Stowe Center on Rt 100
- 3:30pm – come check out Roller Skiing with NENSA’s Justin Beckwith
- if you have never been on roller skis this is the perfect opportunity to give it a try in a safe environment with professional instruction
- Helmet is required to participate. We will have lots of skis and a limited quantity of boots and poles to lend – best to bring your own boots and poles so they fit (NNN bindings preferably)
- 5:00pm – if you would rather not roller ski, just show up at 5pm for social hour – your first beer or wine is on us and cash bar after that
- 5:40pm – dinner (also on us)
- 6:00pm – annual meeting – update on what’s in store for this winter (programs, events, trips etc.), volunteer opportunities, and quick but compulsory business of electing club officers & board members
Our first volunteer event is coming up soon. Stowe Nordic will be running pre-registration for the Vermont 10 Miler road race – it’s nice visibility for the club and a good fund raiser for us too.
- Time: noon to 3pm
- Location: Mayo Recreation Fields (on Weeks Hill Rd between Willies Auto and Mayo Farm Rd)
- What’s in it for you:
- A fun time with fellow club members
- Free event shirt
- light lunch / snack food and beverages
- 1 entry into Stowe Nordic’s season end volunteer raffle & invitation to volunteer appreciation dinner
- Free entry to the NENSA Winter Kickoff Party (free beer & food) which starts at 3:30pm at Trapps’ BeerHall (a $30 value which Stowe Nordic will donate to NENSA on your behalf)
To sign up or if you have any questions please email: email@example.com
“Volunteer Give-Back” is Back for 2019 Season
Our fantastic community of volunteers is the heart and soul of Stowe Nordic. We hope everyone who volunteers during the course of the ski season has fun, makes new friends and feels good about helping out with important winter events. We could not do what we do without your help, so in thanks for your time and effort we want to share our appreciation for what you do and add a bit more to the fun and reward of being a Stowe Nordic volunteer. Here’s the program:
- For every 1/2 day you volunteer you will receive 1 entry for our huge season end volunteer raffle (the more days you volunteer, the better your chances of winning)
- Every volunteer receives an invitation to our free season end volunteer appreciation dinner
- At the end of every big event (and there are a bunch this year) all volunteers are invited to a casual post-event-party immediately following the event with free beer, wine and snacks
All volunteer opportunities will be posted on our website at: https://stowenordic.org/volunteer-opportunities/ Plus there is a “Volunteer Opportunities” button right on the home page that takes you to the same place.
To sign up for any event or with any questions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder To Renew Your Club Membership
Click here: https://stowenordic.org/member/
All Winter Ski Programs Are Open for Registration
- Masters Ski Training: Mondays 3:30pm at Stowe Mtn XC Center (click here)
- Youth BKL Program: Tuesdays 3:30 at Stowe Mtn XC Center (click here)
- Women’s Friday Program: Fridays 3:00 at Stowe Mtn XC Center (click here)
Club Trip – Quebec City – March 22nd to 24th
Our annual club trip this year will be to Quebec City to see the World Cup Finals and close the season in style skiing some of the fantastic trails north of Quebec City for a day. We will be staying right beside the race venue which is on the Plains of Abraham, and also a short walk to the Old Town. Space is starting to fill up so grab your seat soon.
- To see the trip flyer, click here (flyer)
- For more information or to reserve a spot email us at: email@example.com
Thank You to Our Sponsors for Their Support of Cross Country-Skiing in Stowe
Mountain Ops – Piecasso – PK Coffee – Ski Rack, Burlington – Stowe Mtn Resort XC Center – Sushi Yoshi – Tap 25