Newsletter – October 16th
Stowe Nordic Annual Meeting:
Join us on Monday October 30th at the Commodores Inn on Rt 100 in Stowe for a fun social event with the Nordic ski community followed by our brief (but required by club bylaws) annual meeting.
- 3:30pm – Masters dryland training session (open to all)
- 5pm – social hour with cash bar
- 5:30pm – dinner (on us)
- 6:15pm – annual meeting
We’re Giving Back to Stowe Nordic Volunteers:
Every winter Stowe Nordic asks members of the local ski community to help with a variety of events – from clearing popular backcountry ski trails to putting on high-level regional races. Without your help none of these things would happen which would be a great loss to all of us. So, in recognition of your support and the commitment of your time we want to give a little back to you…
Announcing our 1st annual Volunteer Raffle featuring dozens of great prizes, including a new pair of race skis! AND…at the end of the season, everyone who volunteered will be invited to a FREE volunteer appreciation dinner where the raffle winners will be chosen. For every 1/2 day you volunteer starting now and running throughout the ski season you will get an entry into the raffle so keep an eye out for volunteer opportunities, starting with the next item in this newsletter…
Volunteers Needed – Mansfield BC trail work day:
Help get the amazing trails in the Mt. Mansfield backcountry into shape for the coming season.
- Saturday October 28th & Saturday November 4th
- Meet at 9am at the Stowe Mountain Resort XC Center
- Contact Scott Dorwart with questions: 253-3668 firstname.lastname@example.org
Annual Club Ski Trip:
Get your season off to the right start with 4 days of skiing at Foret Montmorency, north of Quebec City where they almost always have the trails open by the end of November and guarantee a minimum of a 2K man-made loop if mother nature fails us. We have snagged prime dates from Thursday December 14th, returning Sunday the 17th.
- Includes: bus transportation from Stowe, on-trail lodging, 3 meals per day, “beverages”, ski passes, and daily technique and fitness clinics from our coaches to get you off to the right start for the season.
- $549 member price ($599 non-members)
- Contact us at email@example.com for more information or to sign up.
Ski Museum Hall of Fame Induction, Saturday October 21st 5-10pm:
- The annual gala evening to induct new members into the Ski & Snowboard Hall of Fame is coming up shortly. With Jim Fredericks and Dickie Hall being inducted it will be a great evening for the nordic community. This is always a fabulous evening, plus it is an important fundraiser for the Ski & Snowboard Museum.
- Tickets are $90 and include cocktail reception, silent auction, dinner and the awards ceremony. Dress is “apres ski chic”. Tickets can be purchased online at: https://vtssm_hoftix.
Thank you to our sponsors for their support of cross-country skiing in Stowe!
Mountain Ops – Piecasso – PK Coffee – Ski Rack, Burlington – Stowe Mtn Resort XC Center – Sushi Yoshi