Newsletter – March 27th
Greetings Stowe Nordic members and followers. What a crazy winter it has been…but despite this year’s epic February meltdown there has been some fabulous skiing and it looks like there will be just a little more so we hope you can get out to enjoy it while it lasts.
Trapp’s Race To The Cabin:
This Saturday March 31st is Trapp’s Race To The Cabin – always a fun event to close the season with:
- Registration opens at 9:00am in the Yurt beside the Trapps Outdoor Center
- Start is at 10:30am in the race stadium (aka meadow)
- Classic technique, mass start format
- Cost: $25 for adults / $15 for students (https://www.skireg.com/race-
- Party, awards and prizes in the Outdoor Center following the race
As part of the Race to the Cabin we need a few volunteers. If you are able to help out please contact us at: email@example.com
- Please plan to arrive by 9:30am and meet in the Yurt
- You will need skis (to ski up to the finish line at the cabin)
- If you do not have a Trapps pass you will get a free ski pass for the day
- You should be done by about 11:30am and can join the party in the Outdoor Center
In thanks for your help you get the following:
- An invitation to our free volunteer dinner in late April (date to be announce shortly)
- One entry into our volunteer raffle
- And in thanks for Stowe Nordic helping with the race Trapps is donating a pair of high performance skis to our volunteer raffle so you will have a chance to win those or one of dozens of other prizes (to be drawn at the volunteer dinner)
Thank you to our volunteers this season:
A HUGE thank you to all our volunteers for their work over this entire season. From before the snow started falling last fall through this coming weekend this amazing nordic community has contributed a total of over 2,000 hours – clearing storm damaged backcountry trails, assisting with our ski programs, putting on world-class race events, and much more.
From all of us at Stowe Nordic…THANK YOU!
And if you did not make it out to volunteer this season, check it out next year…Our club is about our nordic community and our volunteers are the heart of that community. Volunteering is fun, full of camaraderie, hugely helpful to nordic skiing in the Stowe area, plus you get a chance to win great prizes as part of our volunteer give back program.